2″ x 6″ bookmark
How many people don’t actually pray the Lord’s Prayer, but only say it? Many have never learned the translation of the Lord’s prayer so they simply say words without expressing meaning.
The Bible is veiled (hard to understand) but with this bookmark we can learn some of the meaning of the Prayer Jesus taught us, so we can pray every word with love and meaning to God. This makes a nice gift to share with your Bible study, friends or even a stocking stuffer.
Pray the Our Father
Don’t just say the Our Father
- Our Father who art in Heaven…Everyone’s heavenly Daddy who, loves, teaches and guides us.
- Hallowed be Thy name…Holy is Your name; make us holy.
- Thy kingdom come…Lord, reign over us.
- Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven…May we do what You want—good—all of the time.
- Give us this day our daily bread…Give us all we need this day as spiritual food for the race ahead.
- Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us…If we don’t forgive others, we habitually don’t love and don’t have true sorrow for our sin.
- Lead us not into temptation…If You will, don’t allow us to be tried (tested), to prove our faith, since we might fall into sin.
- But deliver us from evil…Keep us from sinning so we may love You perfectly.
Our Father Explained:
- Our Father who art in Heaven… (God, who lives in Heaven, wants us to become childlike by being willing to take correction so to learn how to be obedient children that accept His saving grace.) Matthew 7:21
- Hallowed be Thy name…(We should proclaim God’s holiness and our need to become holy like Him.) 1 Peter 1:16
- Thy kingdom come…(God wants us to live to serve Him alone.) Colossians 3:23-24
- Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven…(God desires for us to stop being self-willed and seek to perfectly serve Him.) Proverbs 3:5
- Give us this day our daily bread…(God calls us to seek His help so He can provide our very needy souls with much grace.) Hebrews 4:16
- Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us…(God wants us to have an understanding that we reject forgiveness if we don’t desire to love as Christ has loved.) Matthew 6:14-15
- Lead us not into temptation…(God calls us to ask for His intervention but when He does test us to trust in what He allows.) Psalm 66:10-12
- But deliver us from evil…(God desires us to know, if we allow Him, He will teach and guide us away from sin.) Psalm 23:8